Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A classic Mediterranean salad dressing that’s simple and so good – makes a great marinade for grilled chicken, too.
- 14.79 ml sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 grated lemon, zest of (optional)
- With a mortar & pestle, make a paste of the salt and minced garlic.
- Mix together lemon juice and olive oil. Add the salt and garlic mixture to the lemon juice and olive oil in a tightly closed container.
- Shake well. Sprinkle optional grated Parmesan or lemon zest on top of salad before tossing.
The one-to-one ratio of EVOO to lemon juice makes it way too tart. Use the tried-and-true 3 parts EVOO to one part vinegar (in this case, lemon juice).
This was so salty it was inedible as salad dressing. I didn't use the cheese or zest but I don't think that would have made a difference. After tripling the oil and lemon juice it was passable. Is 1T salt a typo? I'm shocked anyone gives this 5 stars as written. Maybe it would be good as a marinade, but not for dressing.
This is a terrific, fresh