Recipe by Irmgard
These are so good and so easy to make! You can make these dairy-free by substituting margarine for the butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large lemons
- 7 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups almonds, finely chopped
- 6 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust: Combine all ingredients until crumbly.
- Press firmly into a prepared 13" x 9" pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden.
- For the topping: Reduce oven temperature to 325°F
- Grate zest from two lemons.
- Squeeze out 3/4 cup juice.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and slightly thickened.
- Stir in zest, juice and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares.