This is an excellent casserole to make with turkey or chicken leftovers. Enjoy it.
Make and share this Leftover Turkey or Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into small pieces (or use chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, 97% reduced fat
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jarred pimientos, diced
- potato chips, crushed for topping
- 1 teaspoon grounded paprika
- Mix all ingredients together and place them in a casserole dish.
- Cover with crushed potato chips and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF. for about 30 minutes or until heated through and chips are lighty brown.
- Serve with noodles and a salad.
Creamy and tasty. What a nice, easy way to leftover chicken or turkey. This reminds me of a hot chicken salad. I didn't have any pimientos, but that's the only thing I left out. I will use them next time for the splash of color and flavor. I might throw a little cheese in next time as well. Thanx for sharing this!
Good comfort food (especially on a cold evening). I like to add some curry to this because it does seem to blend well with the other ingredients and also a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.