Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an excellent casserole to make with turkey or chicken leftovers. Enjoy it.
Make and share this Leftover Turkey or Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into small pieces (or use chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, 97% reduced fat
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jarred pimientos, diced
- potato chips, crushed for topping
- 1 teaspoon grounded paprika
- Mix all ingredients together and place them in a casserole dish.
- Cover with crushed potato chips and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF. for about 30 minutes or until heated through and chips are lighty brown.
- Serve with noodles and a salad.
Creamy and tasty. What a nice, easy way to leftover chicken or turkey. This reminds me of a hot chicken salad. I didn't have any pimientos, but that's the only thing I left out. I will use them next time for the splash of color and flavor. I might throw a little cheese in next time as well. Thanx for sharing this!
Good comfort food (especially on a cold evening). I like to add some curry to this because it does seem to blend well with the other ingredients and also a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.