Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Curd rice is truly comfort food of North India
Make and share this Leftover Rice With Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (low-fat would do just fine)
- 6 -10 sprigs fresh cilantro (finely cut)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red hot chili powder or 1 hot green chili pepper, finely cut
- sugar, according (optional)
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds and when seeds start to crackle, add asafoetida.
- When brown, add warmed up cooked rice and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cook until the yogurt is nearly absorbed.
- Serve hot as a side dish. Works well as main dish too :-).
- Feel free to add onions, peas to the rice.