Recipe by BurgyJ
We are not a ham family, but received a rather large one as a gift. I finally figured out what to do with the leftover ham by tossing several things together. Easy and fast!
Top Review by VA
I had to make a few changes with what I had on hand; used whole wheat rotini, colby jack cheese, and omitted the mushrooms because I didn't have any. This was a great way to use up some left over ham without utilizing cream of whatever soup. I will make this again using the whole wheat pasta and will add a bit of garlic. Broccoli could very easily be substituted for the zucchini. Very good and filling - thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 5 medium white button mushrooms
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (corkscrew)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- * All of these ingredients can be altered to fit your preferences.
- Cook pasta and set aside, while its cooking --.
- Cube your ham.
- Cut the mushrooms and zucchini into quarters.
- Dice onions.
- Saute the onions, zucchini and mushrooms in the olive oil and butter.
- In a large casserole dish combine the ham, pasta and vegetable.
- Add a handful of Montery jack cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes.