Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some leftover Spicy 11-Bean Soup after the holidays. I froze some and used some for this bean dip.
- 2 cups left over spicy black bean soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rose's sweetened lime juice
- shredded Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- Smash all together using a fork (coarser), blender (smoother), or food processor (smoothest).
- Put in a bowl, sprinkle a handful (more or less) of cheese over top and melt in microwave or oven.
- top with sour cream and diced tomatoes (opt.).
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, warm crusty bread, or corn chips.
Wheee....I just happened to have left over bean soup and was wondering how to use again (miser) lol I used lemon juice instead of lime...hey it was what I had!! and ordinary grated cheddar with halapeneos. and home made salsa. I like your way of thinking...use and re-use he he he....Thanks ..was great.