Recipe by lauralie41
Recipe found on Epicurious.com - Bon Appetit/April 2003 edition. A very nice soup to make for the chilly months ahead.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great recipe. Quick and tasty. The tarragon and yogurt really added some zing. I think with a can of minced clams, this would be great clam chowder also. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy pot melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of water and cook approximately 10 minutes or until the leeks are golden brown.
- Add potatoes and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Stir in tarragon, cream and yogurt, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.