Recipe by busyozmum
This recipe if from the Australian Women's Weekly Vegie Food cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is a very tasty frittata, & I stretched this into feeding 8 people by serving it along with bowls of fresh fruit & a homemade whole wheat bread ~ Gotta watch that cholesterol! We really enjoyed the inclusion of peas here, & we appreciate you sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #25]
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 20 g butter
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs and evaported milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized frypan/skillet and add sliced leek. Cook gently until leek is softened.
- Whilst leek is cooking, turn on grill to preheat.
- Add peas and arrange tomato slices in frypan.
- Pour egg mixture over all ingredients in pan and cook gently over low heat until frittata is almost entirely set.
- Remove from heat, sprinkly top with parmesan cheese and place under griller to finish off cooking the top.
- When frittata is set and top is golden brown, remove from griller.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.