Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Warm and creamy potato soup is my favorite comfort food. Leek and toast adds a little flair for company. From BBC GoodFood
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the bacon and fry it until it is just starting to colour.
- Add the leeks and potatoes, then stir well until they are glistening.
- Add the stock and bay leaves, season and bring to the boil.
- Partly cover and simmer for 15 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Fish out the bay leaves, then purée the soup in batches in a food processor or blender.
- Turn into the pan and stir in the milk.
- Reheat gently and season to taste.
- Add more stock or water if the soup seems too thick (this will depend on the size of your potatoes).
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
- Making toasts: Heat oven to 200c.
- Cut the baguette into thin diagonal slices.
- Mix the oil and mustard together, then brush over both sides of the bread.
- Spread them on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
- Serve with the soup for dipping.
- They can be baked earlier in the day and served cold or warmed.