One of my favorite hearty winter soups, goes fabulously with some crusty sourdough bread. To honest it's more like a hot Vicchysoisse.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the leeks, onions, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add the potatoes and cook about 3 minutes or until potatoes are warm.
- 4Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- 6Using a stick blender puree the soup until smooth.
- 7Stir in the cream and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 1410.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g