Recipe by Heirloom
One of my favorite hearty winter soups, goes fabulously with some crusty sourdough bread. To honest it's more like a hot Vicchysoisse.
- 2 large leeks, halved, rinsed, and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, washed and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, onions, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the potatoes and cook about 3 minutes or until potatoes are warm.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- Using a stick blender puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and serve.