Recipe by Kasha
This is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe to lighten it up. Great way to eat veggies and fiber!
Top Review by mianbao
Yum! This is good! I had two bowlfuls right away, and am looking forward to having this soup for lunch tomorrow, too. I used homemade chicken stock, rather than reconstituted bouillon granules, but other than that, followed the recipe as is. I pureed all of the soup Thank you very much for sharing this with us.
- 340 g chickpeas, soaked for one night
- 1 potato, medium, peeled
- 5 leeks, medium
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 850 ml chicken bouillon granules or 850 ml vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the soaked chick peas and cover with water.
- Add chopped potato and cook until veggies are tender.
- Clean, wash, and mince the leeks.
- Heat a large soup pan, spray with Pam.
- Add the leeks and garlic, cook slowly with a good pinch of salt.
- Add the chickpeas and potato and cook for a minute.
- Add 2/3 of the bouillon and cook for 15 minutes.
- Decide if you want to purée the soup, purée part, or not purée at all.
- I like the purée part of the soup option and add back to the pot, so half is puréed and half chunky.
- The easiest way it to use an immersion mixer, and blend until you have the consistency you want.
- Add however much of the left over 1/3 bouillon to get the texture you want, salt and pepper to taste, add 1T of grated Parmesan and mix Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over the top to serve.