Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe to lighten it up. Great way to eat veggies and fiber!
Make and share this Leek and Chickpea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse the soaked chick peas and cover with water.
- Add chopped potato and cook until veggies are tender.
- Clean, wash, and mince the leeks.
- Heat a large soup pan, spray with Pam.
- Add the leeks and garlic, cook slowly with a good pinch of salt.
- Add the chickpeas and potato and cook for a minute.
- Add 2/3 of the bouillon and cook for 15 minutes.
- Decide if you want to purée the soup, purée part, or not purée at all.
- I like the purée part of the soup option and add back to the pot, so half is puréed and half chunky.
- The easiest way it to use an immersion mixer, and blend until you have the consistency you want.
- Add however much of the left over 1/3 bouillon to get the texture you want, salt and pepper to taste, add 1T of grated Parmesan and mix Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over the top to serve.
Yum! This is good! I had two bowlfuls right away, and am looking forward to having this soup for lunch tomorrow, too. I used homemade chicken stock, rather than reconstituted bouillon granules, but other than that, followed the recipe as is. I pureed all of the soup Thank you very much for sharing this with us.
Made this in the early AM let it sit all morning and heated for lunch great flavor - I took a couple of liberties with the recipe. I used 1 can of Chick peas,1 can of Vegetable, garlic herb soup and one can of chicken with onions added 1 1/2 cans of water. I had a dozen tiny 1 1/2" carrots from the gardon and threw them in. I did not puree it. It may appear that I changed a great deal but really it was the same soup just a slightly different approach. We loved it Thanks Kasha for an excellent soup recipe