Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
My daughter-in-law, who loves spinach, created these delicious stuffed pork chops.
- 4 (5 ounce) thick boneless pork chops
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and well-drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or swiss cheese)
- 3 tablespoons hellman mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Dale's Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute garlic and onions.
- FILLING: Squeeze spinach to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, seasoned salt and Italian seasonings.
- Trim chops of visible fat.
- Cut a slit about 3/4 of the way horizontally through the pork chops to form a pocket.
- Fill each chop with 1/4 of the filling.
- Press down on all sides of chops to enclose filling, although some may still show.
- BAKING WITH SAUCE: Place stuffed pork chops in bottom of baking dish.
- Place mushrooms in pan around the pork chops.
- Mix the liquid sauce ingredients together and pour over the chops and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until piping hot.
I have never had such great reviews from my boyfriend! I used fresh spinach because I hate cooked spinach, and it was fantastic! My first success at stuffing meat - and believe me, I have tried several times! Thanks for a great recipe!!
This was great and pretty easy to make! I didn't have any Dale's so I used 1T soy sauce and 1T worcestershire and it worked great!
I made it as is, except for the sauce bc I had no beer. I just substituted another mushroom sauce recipe and it was AWESOME!