Recipe by canarygirl
These are so good! Little nut filled bites, with a hint of cinnamon. Translated from "Cocina Libanesa," by Anne Wilson.
Top Review by dabkeh
Excellent!! I will try a cookie scooper or ice cream scooper next time so that they are all the same size. My mom places an almond or pine nut in middle of cookie rather then the topping. Both delicious!! Thx
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and heat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add orange water and sifted flour, and stir until the mixture forms a thick dough.
- Set aside.
- To prepare the filling, combine the nuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Form 1 inch balls with the dough, and press the center to form a dent for the filling.
- Fill each cookie with about a teaspoon of the filling, and place the cookies on the parchment.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.