Lebanese Oatmeal Cookies
Another oatmeal cookie.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄8 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup room temperature water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients (hands work best) except water until dough is combined and crumbly.
- Add water and vanilla and knead until smooth.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls and place on cookie sheets about 2" apart.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more