Recipe by Isabeau
Here is an excellent example of a colourful, healthy meal that I put together from the memory of what my husband’s grandparents regularly have for lunch in Niger. It is a leafless version of Salad Nicoise.
Top Review by Capt_Sky
Great idea! So filling, yet all such good things for you. I usually have to have mayo with my tuna, but this was fine with the dressing suggested, no need for those extra calories! Loved it.
- 8 radishes, quartered
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (170 g) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Choose vegetables that you like, the more colourful the better. All I have given are optional.
- Arrange vegetables and tuna (half a can each) so that they look nice on individual plates or a platter.
- Combine ingredients for dressing in screw top jar and shake well. Serve over salad.