Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich and decadent Strawberry cake. Not that hard to make, yet elegant enough for any special occasion.
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Heat half & half in a saucepan until boiling, add butter and set aside.
- In a bowl blend sugar, vanilla and eggs, beat at high speed until mixture is very light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt, add egg mixture, then add half & half mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into.
- center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Let cool completely then cut cake into three even layers. Brush away any loose crumbs.
- Whip the cream cheese until very smooth, beat in the powdered sugar and.
- whipping cream, until mixture is creamy and fluffy. You may add a few drops of food coloring if desired to tint frosting.
- Spread frosting between each layer, place sliced strawberries on each layer. Then spread remaining frosting on top and sides of assembled cake.
- Garnish with strawberries on top and on sides.