Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this, but it is on my list of to try recipes. It sounds easy and yummy.
- 28 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- miniature party rye rounds
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut. Place in the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Mix together dressing and mayonnaise.
- Top the sauerkraut with half the cheese, then half of the dressing, all of the corned beef, then the remaining cheese, and remaining dressing.
- Bake until it starts to bubble.
- Top with rye slices, brushed with melted butter and bake 10 minutes more.
- You could also just bake it until bubbly and spoon it onto rye or pumpernickle bread instead of the party rye, if you wanted to.
This is a really good casserole and so easy to put together. I think you could get away with using a 15 oz of sauerkraut, because it was a lot of sauerkraut in relation to the other ingredients. Mine started to bubble after about 12 minutes, then I placed the party ryes on top. Thanx for sharing. I'll make this again!