Corned Beef Casserole
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 lb corned beef, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups swiss cheese (grated or sliced)
- 6 slices rye bread (torn or broken into small pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine the sour cream, sauerkraut, onion (if using) and garlic.
- Spread mixture onto bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- Scatter corned beef evenly over mixture.
- Spread cheese on top of corned beef.
- Put bread on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Pour butter on top of bread.
- Bake at 350°F for 1/2 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh My Word! Bro, you nailed it!! I threw some Thousand on top before serving, and it was as if I was eating a Reuben! Like other reviews state, it does make a lot. Don't worry. Left-overs won't last long. Genius, bro! Pure genius! Oh, one thing to those who make this: be sure to drain your sauerkraut well.
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not much of a cook, but I have a long history of avidly adoring the end results of cooking. Before retirement I worked as a crime scene investigator (No, I don't know as much as the stars of CSI apparently do and Yes, I am just as good looking), which means liver is not at the top of my list for dinner. My favorite son, who is an excellent cook, alerted me to this site and I'm finding it fascinating. I enjoy languages. Can't figure out why everyone doesn't learn Esperanto. :) My greatest passion is my 17 year old wife. Well, she was 17 when I met her and 37 years later she still looks the same as far as I am concerned so she must be still 17, right? Next in order are our kids: Two biological, 1 adopted, 4 foster, and one exchange student who either belongs to us or to some people in Japan (personally I think she belongs to us!!) Next passion are the 15 (to date) grandkids. Peeves? Onions!! I loathe, hate, disdain, detest, abhor, and simply dislike 'em. A month off? Visit the kids!! After that? Maybe, just maybe, update my web page.