Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in a binder while doing some purging. Not sure where it came from. I've made just a couple of changes (the addition of salt, and more garlic and oregano); the original just seemed a little bland for us.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked not quite al dente, and drained
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic on medium low heat until brown; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, parsley and oregano.
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, layer spaghetti (remember not to overcook since it will be cooking again in the oven), meat sauce, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.