Recipe by HocoRuco
These decadent rich minty brownies taste like creme de minth but are actually made with mint extract. They are fantastic and pretty darn easy. But a word of advice, don't make these unless you have somewhere to bring them because they are dangerous! If mint isn't your thing, you could easily vary the flavor of extract and the food coloring. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 4 ounces baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, plus
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- green food coloring (optional)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray (I think the kind with flour works best).
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Add sugar and beat by hand until well blended.
- Add eggs, flour, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then move pan to freezer.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, peppermint extract, evaporated milk and food coloring.
- In a separate bowl or saucepan, melt the 6 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Remove brownies from freezer. Spread mint filling over frozen brownies evenly.
- Immediately pour chocolate over filling. Tip pan to coat evenly. Let set 15 minutes.
- Cut into small squares.
- Store bars in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.