Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
mom's recipe collection. Had it at her home for dinner.
Make and share this Layered Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 carrots, pelled & sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt, and pepepr to taste
- Brown the burger.
- Spread evenly in a 2 quart crock pot.
- Arrange carrots on meat, then celery, onions, potatoes, pepper& finish with mushrooms.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- You can season the burger with whatever spices you'd like ie:hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt. its up to you. this should cook on low for about 6 hrs
This sounds like something I'd like to try, but when reading the recipe, I realized a lot of details were missing. Do you season the burger? At what temperature do you bake this? For how long? Covered or uncovered? I'm going to try this with salt and pepper added, at 375, uncovered, for 1 hour. It sounds like something my family would really like. I'll add stars when I review.