Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is essentially a vanilla cupcake with lavender-honey frosting. If you can find lavender honey, it will add even more flavor..
Top Review by joanna_giselle
This was a lovely recipe though I did make some changes. First of all, I couldn't find lavender flowers and so I used organic lavender tea instead but in smaller amounts as it had a very intense smell. Secondly I blended the sugar with a little lavender to add some flavour to the cupcake too and finally I omitted the blue colouring because I knew it would put off my kids! The final result was a delicious rich buttery cupcake with a light lavender and honey flavour. Everyone who tried it, loved it. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- blue food coloring
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°; place 18 baking cups in muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cupcake ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon batter into the cups; bake for 20 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove pans from oven and cool for 5 minutes; remove cupcakes to a rack; let cool completely.
- To make the frosting: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Beat in honey and a few drops of food coloring; stir in half the lavender flowers.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes; sprinkle with the reserved lavender flowers.