1/1 Photo of Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel the potatoes.
- 2Grate the potatoes with a grater or food processor.
- 3(You can grate them into a bowl of salted water to keep them from discoloring. Otherwise they discolor about as fast as you can grate them, although it doesn't hurt anything if you use them right away). Drain off all liquid, and squeeze the excess liquid out by hand.
- 4(Do this even if you don't soak them in the salted water.) Beat the eggs and mix with the grated potatoes and other ingredients, except the oil.
- 5Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- 6Drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoons into oil (about 4 at a time).
- 7Use a pancake turner to flatten them out.
- 8Fry to golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Serve topped with applesauce or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g