Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Larry uses this on his pot roast. It is one of the 3 pot roasts I have on my site. He is a really good cook and it took years for him to tell me this recipe. It tastes pretty good; it's more tomato-y than my other 2.
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1 teaspoon onion and garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (this is as close as I can get since he just shakes it out of jar)
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 5 lbs roast
- Warm and simmer tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, lemon juice, season-all salt, onion and garlic powder, soy sauce, and sliced mushrooms together in a saucepan.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and bake for 90 minutes until roast is tender in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven.
Lovely pot roast. Will make again. Thanks for posting.
the tomato gives it a good taste