This Thai dish makes a great appetizer, in smaller portions.
Make and share this Larb Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground galangal
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 -4 crushed dried red chilies (amount to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground toasted rice (instructions below)
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 12 mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To make toasted rice, place rice in a dry hot wok; swirl until golden brown, allow to cool, then grind in a mortar& pestle or spice mill.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in wok and add the chicken; stir-fry until cooked through.
- Drain chicken and place in mixing bowl, adding lemongrass, green onion, red onion, galangal, fish sauce, lime juice, chiles, and ground rice; mix well and set aside.
- On a bed of lettuce leaves, arrange chicken mixture and garnish with mint and cilantro.
- Serve with steamed sticky rice or steamed jasmine rice, using small amounts of rice to pick up the larb.