Glazed Smoked Sausage
The spices give this a great flavor. Makes a great appetizer for parties, but is also a quick and easy dinner dish.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup cider
- 2 lbs smoked link sausage (can use cocktail size if preferred)
- In large frying pan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and seasonings.
- Stir in apple juice and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Cut sausages in chunks and add to glaze mixture, turning to coat with glaze.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until sausages are heated thoroughly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is very easy to put together and it tastes great. I made it for dinner served over rice and my family loved it. I also took a triple recipe in a crock pot to a pot luck dinner....it was the first thing gone! When I am short apple juice I use apple/white grape juice from my kids' juice boxes....works just fine. I have also used turkey keilbasa. A go-to for when time is short (the sausage can be defrosted in 10 min. in warm water).