Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Discovered this recipe through trial and error. Make sure to cook the sugar and syrups first
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oz butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup corn syrup (mix 1/2 dark and 1/ light)
- 1 ounce molasses (can sub. with corn syrup depending on your taste)
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 ounces dark corn syrup, for coating
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 (9 inch) ready-made pie crusts, in 9 in. deep pan
- In saucepan boil sugar, corn syrup, honey and molasses (3-5 minutes) , set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat eggs, flour, vanilla and butter making sure there is no lumps. Add in half cup pecans and stir in warm syrup (leave about 2 oz. to coat pie mid baking).
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Top with remaining pecans (add some if you like).
- Cover pie with foil and put into preheated oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven, uncover and coat top with 2 oz. dark syrup. Coating used to seal pie and keep top from burning. Lay foil over pie and put back in oven for 50 minutes or until pie is firm. Remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Hint: place foil under pie in over for spillage protection.