1/1 Photo of Lamb Shank With Jacob’s Creek Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
3 hrs 15 mins
Saltmarsh lamb from the Holker Estate in Cumbria is naturally reared on the Salt Marshes and grazes on the local heather – the sweetness from the heather and saltiness from the water imparts delicious flavour to the meat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a casserole dish.
- 2Add the shanks one at a time, seal them on all sides and remove from the dish.
- 3Add the roughly chopped vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the herbs and put the lamb back in the dish, on top of the vegetables.
- 5Add red currant jelly and stock.
- 6Put the lid on and bake at 150c for at least two and a half hours, but I like to do another hour on top.
- 7Serve the lamb shank with mash potato and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Shank With Jacob’s Creek Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.2
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 247.8 mg
- Sodium 515.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 78.4 g