Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Well it is that time of year again. Many of us will be making a Passover Dinner with a leg of lamb. For those who have never roasted a leg of lamb, here is a very easy recipe.
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 lbs leg of lamb (trimmed, boned, rolled and tied)
- mint jelly (optional)
- Combine mustard, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
- Rub all over the leg of lamb (lamb may be covered and refrigerated to marinate up to 24 hours before roasting).
- Place roast in foil-lined roasting pan.
- (Insert Meat Thermometer into thickest part of the roast). (Temperature desired is 150° for medium well done).
- In preheated 400° oven, roast for 15 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes for 4 pound medium well done roast. If well done roast is desired, cook longer to your desired doneness.
- Remove roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mint jelly if desired.
Thank you for a wonderful recipe for roast leg of lamb. Because one of our guests mentioned that lamb should have a "Greek" flavor I added 1/2 tsp of oregano and the result was amazing. I also had fresh rosemary which am sure added to the wonderful smells coming out of the oven. On the side I had Tzatziki and a tomato salad with black olives and feta. Everyone said it was one of the best meals they have ever had....so success all around. So, again, thank you for a memorable meal. Oh, I did marinate overnight.......
Wow! I made 3 roasts to serve 19 people at our church Seder. EVERYBODY LOVED IT
This is a fantastic recipe Darlene. I made this last night for a whole bunch - this is the first time I have seen all the kids eat EVERYTHING on their plates then ask for more! The meat is so juicy and tender. Definitely a keeper!! Thank you.