Recipe by Abby C
This recipe is for all you "calorie counters" out there. Only 240 calories for 1 serving! Try it, you wouldn't ever know!
- 4 shoulder lamb chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 (16 ounce) can Chinese vegetables, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced (reserve liquid)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 4 cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from meat.
- Lightly grease large skillet with excess fat; brown meat.
- Drain off fat.
- Measure reserved vegetable liquid; if necessary, add water to measure 3/4 cup liquid.
- Stir liquid, soy sauce, bouillon cubes and garlic into skillet; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Add onion; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat.
- Blend cornstarch and water; stir gradually into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in green pepper, Chinese vegetables and water chestnuts; add meat and tomatoes.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.