Recipe by Derf
Herbs De Provence make these lamb chops superb. and you can't beat bbq'd!!
Top Review by Bergy
These chops were delicious. Your mixture for the herbes de provence is very good - I had the lavender from the garden (dried). I ground the spices but I think they would be more attractive on the chops not ground. My chops were quite thick so it was 4 minutes per side for pink Thanks Derf for another excellent recipe
- 8 lamb chops, 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch thick
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Herbes de Provence
- 29.58 ml basil
- 29.58 ml thyme
- 14.79 ml savory
- 9.85 ml rosemary
- 4.92 ml tarragon
- 4.92 ml lavender
- 4.92 ml fennel
Directions See How It's Made
- Nick edges of chops in several places to prevent curling.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of chops.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons Herbes de provence.
- Rub seasonings into chops.
- Grill over high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- The chops should register 135 degrees at the thickest part.
- Transfer to a platter and set aside for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining herbs.