Recipe by razra
Saw this on the TV this morning and it sounded so scrummy and easy I thought Id post it here for safe keeping. Havent tried it yet but plan to as soon as possible
Top Review by LittleBadRachy
I doubled the recipe and found that there was way too many breadcrumbs. Next time I would probably only use 200g for 8 chops. I didn't use leeks but served the chops with a blob of sour cream on mashed potato with vegies. It was delicious.
- 4 lamb chops
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mustard (said English mustard but guess any would do)
- 100 g leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- • Preheat the oven to 200’C.
- • Fry the lamb chops in a hot pan for 5 minutes on each side.
- • Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper together and finally add 1 tbsp of olive oil to form a paste.
- • Spread 1 tbsp of the mustard onto each chop and place on top the herb and bread paste. Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- • Fry the leeks in a frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil for 1 minute, then add the garlic, butter, rest of the mustard, sour cream and 1 tbsp of parsley.
- • Serve the leeks with the lamb chops placed on top with a little drissle of olive oil.