Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick easy recipe for 2 to 4. If you'd like to make this as a OAMC meal start with item #9.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl or cup mix rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub on lamb chops and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Place lamb chops in skillet and cook 3 1/2 minutes on each side for med rare. Remove and keep warm on platter.
- Add shallots to skillet and cook until browned. Stir in vinegar, scaping the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Continue to cook over med-high heat for around 5 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Pour over chops and serve.
- Freezer Directions for OAMC:.
- Freeze chops after rubbing with herbs.
- Combine shallots, vinegar, and chicken broth in one bag and freeze.
- To cook: thaw completely.
- Cook chops per item #3 above.
- Add vinegar mix and follow item #6 above.