1/1 Photo of Lamb Chops in Sauce
2 hrs 24 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Posted in reply to a request. Prep time includes the 2 hour marinating time. Note: The word "sauce" in this recipe refers to a very thick basting sauce/paste, and not a liquid "gravy" type sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 lamb loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1Mix marinade ingredients together, add chops and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 2Mix all sauce ingredients together well.
- 3Preheat broiler to 500°F.
- 4Remove chops from marinade, and dip them into the sauce mixture.
- 5Broil the chops for about 7-10 minutes.
- 6Dip chops into sauce mixture again, and broil the chops on the other side for about 7-10 more minutes, or until done.
- 7While the second side of the chops are broiling, heat the remaining sauce until it simmers.
- 8Simmer sauce for about 1 minute.
- 9Serve chops with additional sauce* if desired.
- 10*Note: If you would like additional sauce to serve on the side with the chops, make a second batch of the "sauce," thinning it a bit with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water to prevent scorching when heated.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops in Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.5
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 731.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 32.4 g