Recipe by Michelle S.
I had forgotten all about this recipe until I found it again recently. Very hearty stuff, good old fashioned fare! I found it in one of the little books you but at the grocery stores.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean boneless lamb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven cook lamb pieces in oil until brown.
- Add water and garlic.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until lamb is almost tender, about 1 hour.
- Skim fat from broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, soup, salt and rosemary.
- Heat to boiling: reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until lamb and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper strips and simmer until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.