Recipe by Lady MoM
Its a knock off of Olive Garden's Tuscany Chicken; I always wanted to make it and so I tried it out. I had to improvise just a little, but when it was made my husband could not stop raving about it! YUMMY!
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper, sprinkle
- 500 g spaghetti noodles, cooked to directions (1 Pkg)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved and set aside (you can also use red peppers)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule, instant Oxo
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup buttermilk (or you can use heavy cream)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (use a little more with heavy cream)
- 1⁄4-2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated (add more if desired)
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in flour and brown in oil 5 minute or so each side. Place in a preheated oven at 425°F; cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile in the pan that had chicken, sauté onion, add garlic once onion is clear.
- Add water, oxo and spices. Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Add cream.
- With cold milk whisk in flour, add to mixture. Bring to a soft boil stirring often.
- Add parmesan and stir till mixed throughly. turn off heat, add tomatoes immediately and cover with lid.
- While this is simmering, check on meat and rinse noodle's if not already done. Push ingredients to the side of sauce pan, place noodles in pan one serving at a time and let noodles be covered with sauce. Place on plate, add chicken and garnish!
- ENJOY, its so good!