- Ready In:
- 6 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms or 12 ounces chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- Toss potatoes and mushrooms with 21/2 tbs oil, 2 tbs cheese, 2 tsp garlic and 2 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Arrange in 13x9 baking dish in one layer.
- Top with remaining 2tbs cheese and bake 15 minute or until potatoes are just lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 11/2 tbs oil in large nonstick skillet over med. heat.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Season lightly with S&P, sprinkle with remaining rosemary and garlic.
- Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned. (don't crowd pan, may need to do more than one batch).
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of potatoes. Drizzle with any oil from skillet and return to oven.
- Bake 20-25 minute longer or until chicken is done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
this recipe is a sauceless chicken recipe with great taste and flavor...i used dried rosemary leaves which i soaked for an hour in the olive oil...then, i followed the balance of the recipe...the finished product had a browned surface and a little crispness to the tongue with a nice moistness to the chicken...very tasty and easy.
This was just lovely - and I took your advice and used top quality olive oil. Getting the rosemary was the hard part - walking across a muddy lawn in heels during a storm is not to be recommended (had no choice though, it was either that or bare feet & I still had to drive home) but it was worth it, it wouldn't have been the same. Thanks for posting, Los Jefes forever!