Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Another recipe from 500 Cookies, Bars & Squares
Top Review by CoffeeB
What a great looking little cookie that would be a fabulous addition to any holiday tray. A step up from your normal oatmeal cookie w/the added addition of choco-chips. I think butterscotch chips would also be a great idea. I did use 1/2 the amount of chips recommended, and still had plenty left.
Thanks for a great cookie that will be repeated again Dorit~
Made for KK's recipetag~
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line cookie sheet with buttered foil.
- Mix flour and oats together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Add milk to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix well.
- Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Press each cookie slightly with the back of a fork or spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies have spread and are browned around the edges.
- Immediately transfer the foil and cookies to a wire rack.
- Peel cookies off foil after they've cooled.
- Now spread a thin layer of semi-sweet chocolate on the bottom of 1/4 of the cookies and white chocolate on 1/4 of the cookies.
- Top each with the bottom side of the remaining cookies.