It is really hard to make chocolate desserts that are free of milk, soy and wheat. This cake, while it doesn't have quite the nice texture that you would get using butter, is certainly sufficient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F and oil an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of wax paper.
- 2Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with oil, stirring, until smooth.
- 3Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well.
- 4Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- 5Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- 6Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lactose Free Flourless Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 31.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g