Recipe by babygirl6109
IMO, the absolute best lactation cookies you can make. Dairy free (when made with dairy free "add ins", such as chocolate chips, etc.) and gluten free (as long you ensure to use gluten free oats, and again, gluten free "add ins"). I make my own oatmeal flour by putting oatmeal in a food processor on high for a couple of minutes.
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (be generous)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (be generous)
- 3 cups thick-cut oatmeal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (next 3 ingredients can be replaced 2 cups of any add ins that suit your taste.)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees (F).
- In a small cup or bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Allow to sit 3-5 minutes.
- Cream coconut oil and sugars until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each one.
- Stir in vanilla and flaxseed mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and nutritional yeast.
- Add flour mixture slowly to coconut oil mixture and mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chips, cherries, and almonds ("add ins").
- Press dough into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.