Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I started with Kittencal's Chicken Noodle soup, next thing I knew, I had a casserole!
Make and share this Kristi's Chicken Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 9 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 lb mushroom
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Put first 6 ingredients in to a pot with a large opening. Boil until liquid is reduced by roughly 1/4 (leaving 3/4 of original volume in pot, you're going to need a lot of liquid).
- Add chicken and mushrooms, simmer for 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Assemble casserole in a shallow dish. Dry rice to line the bottom, then uncooked veggies (carrots, celery, etc), then cooled broth with chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook, uncovered, in oven for approx 1 hr, or until rice is fluffy and most liquid has boiled off.