A mild northern Indian sauce, with yogurt, nuts, and spices. Variations can be served with chicken, lamb or vegetables, accompanied with flatbread or rice. Adapted from Chef Panna Lal Sharma.
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup milk (low fat or skim)
- 6 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste (minced garlic soaked in water)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (minced ginger soaked in water)
- 1 pinch saffron
- curry leaf
- Soak almonds, cashews and cardamoms in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Put almonds, cashews and cardamoms into blender with yogurt, milk, pepper and salt, and blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add water and blend again.
- Put oil in frying pan and cook garlic paste and ginger paste over medium low heat until light brown.
- Add saffron, curry, and yogurt mixture, and cook for 7 minutes.