Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has a great flavor, I added more mushrooms, but you decide.
- 3 tablespoons japanese dark soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 inch ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 spring onions, cut in thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon roasted & lightly crushed sesame seeds
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons sake
- 12 ounces boned free range chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 fresh hot green chili peppers, deseeded & cut in 1/2 inch segments
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, spring onions, sesame seeds, black pepper, sesame oil and dry sherry in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the chicken breasts at an angle crossways to get wide 1/8" thick slices.
- Use a meat pounder to flatten the slices a little more.
- Put in a flat layer on the bottom of a shallow bowl.
- Cover the pieces with some of the sauce.
- Do all the chicken pieces in this way and set aside for at least an hour.
- When ready to eat heat oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- When the oil is hot put in the chicken in a single layer, laying them out flat.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Cook for about a minute on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Put the mushrooms and chillies into the frying pan and pour over the marinade.
- Stir and cook for one minute.
- Pour over the chicken and serve immediately with rice or noodles.
tis is da bomb..
I only cooked up to step 11 as I didn't have mushrooms and served over thai stirfry veges instead of noodles/rice but this recipe came up beautifully! I got kudos all round :) I think the mushrooms would add a nice flavour though.