Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from my teen years spent in Hawaii.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped fine
- Hint: the beef will slice easier if it is slightly frozen. (I have used round steak and sirloin steak).
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and marinate beef for at least 1 hour.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of oil into a skillet and pan fry until done.
Delicious recipe. After removing meat from the wok I sauteed some bell peppers and red onion in some of the juices. Served everything over rice.
This resembles some of the grilled meat dishes served at an Hawaiian-style cafe we enjoy. Delicious and not at all difficult to make! We had no sesame seeds, and it would have been even better with them. Made for Newest Tag, August 2008.