1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is preferably done with a meat grinder, however is possible without one as well. It can either be made to be eaten with Arabic bread (with a little sauce) or with rice (with more sauce). Serve with Arabic salad or a salad of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g boneless lamb (or extra fine mince)
- 3/4 cup parsley
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baharat (or similar)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- cooking oil
- 1/3 cup sesame paste (tahina)
- 2 medium lemons, juice of
- 1 cup water
- arabic bread or cooked medium grain rice
- 1Grind meat, parsley and onions in the meat grinder using the finest disk.
- 2Alternatively finely dice parsley and onion.
- 3Add salt, spices (besides baharat you are free to use your usual spices) and olive oil.
- 4Mold into finger shapes and place into a large pan (such as a large skillet) so that they cover the whole pan.
- 5Slice potato and fry until lightly golden on each side.
- 6Arrange on top of the kofta (or fill up the gaps if there are any).
- 7Mix tahina and lemon juice together well until it forms a smooth paste.
- 8Slowly add the water while stirring to keep the mixture smooth.
- 9Pour sauce over kofta.
- 10If it does not cover, mix some water with a bit of tahini, stir into smooth paste and add so that the sauce reaches the top of the potato (if you are making the version with rice it will need slightly more water).
- 11Cook on the stove with lid on at a low-medium heat until the water has boil away to form a semi-thick sauce in the bottom of the pan (about 3/4hr 1 hr).
- 12Brown under grill.
- 13Eat with Arabic bread.
- 14Alternatively, cook until the water has reduced to make a sauce and serve either in bowls with rice or over rice.
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kofta Bi Tahini (kofta With Tahini)
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: