Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the dressing needs to chill for 2 or more hours before using, feel free to use different cheese and nuts, I have tried this using other but I have to say the feta and candied walnuts are the best... you will LOVE this salad!
Top Review by kittycatmom
Love, love, love this salad! There is a perfect amount of sweet from the strawberries and salty from the feta cheese. Absolutely delicious!!! I did sub pecans for the walnuts, otherwise made as written. Thanks Kitt! This is truly a keeper!!!
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (can use white balsamic is better)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (can use more)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced (washed then thoroughly dried before slicing)
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach leaves, trimmed (can use less)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup candied walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing; in a bowl or in a food processor mix together sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; whisk or process until well combined; start with 3 tablespoons of sugar and add in more after if desired, mix in poppy seeds and season with more black pepper if needed, refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- For the salad; combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl; pour the dressing over and chill for 10-15 minutes before serving.