This is a no-cook sauce but must be refrigerated for 8 hours or up to 24 hours before using, I suggest to double this and freeze some, you may adjust all ingredients to suit taste, use this on pizzas or as dipping sauce, you will love this!
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (you can use a 398-ml can)
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (can use the whole can if desired)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon white sugar (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients until well blended, adjust the sugar and spices to taste if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or more.
We liked it better as a dipping sauce than a pizza sauce. Not sure why. Thanks Kittencal! Made for Help a Naked Recipe game.
I made pizza last night and wanted to make my own sauce. I found this one. This is a really good sauce. everyone loved it. I used the basic pizza dough recipe on this site which I always use. Thanks for another great recipe kittencal!!
This sauce tasted really good on my pizza I made 2nite.