1/13 Photos of Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad
I developed this dressing years ago, and I can honestly say that you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the fridge for a taste, it is *that* good! --- although I do think the dressing is better with the anchovy it can certainly be made without them. In a pinch I have even substituted buttermilk for the half and half cream, just use about the same amount --- this dressing gets stronger with refrigeration time so a small amount of fresh garlic goes a long way! ---- usually one recipe without doubling is perfect for one large romaine lettuce, if you are serving a large crowd of people you might want to double -- salad dressing will not work for this use *only* mayonnaise, I find Hellman's brand mayonnaise works the best and for the perfect companion to this salad see my Kittencal's Garlic Croutons-------------LOWER-FAT OPTION use reduced fat mayonnaise and fat-free half and half or low-fat milk --- also see my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (washed over and thoroughly dried)
- 1 1/2 cups garlic-flavored croutons (or to taste, see Kittencal's Garlic Croutons)
- parmesan cheese
- freshly grated black pepper (to taste)
- 2 anchovy fillets (or to taste)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing Hellman's is best)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream or 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Hellman's Dijonnaise is best!)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or to taste) (optional)
- buttermilk or half-and-half, for thinning
- 1In a small 2-cup mini food processor, process/mince the anchovy fillets and garlic together until finely minced (do this together and firstly, otherwise it will not get minced properly with the other ingredients).
- 2Add in the remaining ingredients, and process for 30 seconds, or more until well mixed.
- 3Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 4Thin with buttermilk (or milk) for a thinner consistency if desired.
- 5Store in fridge, covered in a glass container for 3 or more hours before using (the flavors become stronger when left in the fridge for a longer time).
- 6Toss desired amount of dressing with Romaine lettuce and croutons.
- 7Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 843.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g