Balsamic Caesar Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed, and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Italian bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed, and torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together half of the oil (1/4 cup), 2 of the garlic cloves, and salt together in large bowl. Add bread and toss to coat with oil mixture. Transfer to foiled-lined baking sheet. Bake until browned, about 12 minutes, stiring once. Cool completely.
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, anchovies, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, remaining oil, and remaining garlic in blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and peper.
- Toss lettuce and croutons with dressing to coat. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!