Cook1 hr 15 mins
Really this is such an easy recipe I wasn't going to even bother posting it, I have been making this for years and when you can't barbecue outside this is the next best thing! --- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce works really well or use your own favorite, I most always use my Kittencal's Famous Barbecue Sauce for Chicken and Ribs and prepare the sauce a day ahead --- I did not list the amounts for the seasoned salt and garlic powder as I never measure but probably use about 2 teaspoons each for all the chicken pieces, I usually use about 2 cups sauce but a little more or less is fine -- boneless, skinless chicken breasts work well also but cooking time will need to be reduced, you will *love* this!
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to bottom position).
- Grease a jelly-roll pan (it is best to cook the chicken on a rack that fits in the jelly-roll pan, if you do not have a rack then just sit the chicken in the pan).
- Pat chicken dry using paper towels, then place skin-side down on the jelly-roll pan.
- Season the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Turn skin-side up and season again.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain all fat from the pan.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken turning the pieces over to coat with the sauce (place skin-side up again in pan).
- Return to oven UNCOVERED and bake for about 30 minutes more or until if cooked through.