1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Easy Oven-Baked Barbecued Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Really this is such an easy recipe I wasn't going to even bother posting it, I have been making this for years and when you can't barbecue outside this is the next best thing! --- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce works really well or use your own favorite, I most always use my Kittencal's Famous Barbecue Sauce for Chicken and Ribs and prepare the sauce a day ahead --- I did not list the amounts for the seasoned salt and garlic powder as I never measure but probably use about 2 teaspoons each for all the chicken pieces, I usually use about 2 cups sauce but a little more or less is fine -- boneless, skinless chicken breasts work well also but cooking time will need to be reduced, you will *love* this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to bottom position).
- 2Grease a jelly-roll pan (it is best to cook the chicken on a rack that fits in the jelly-roll pan, if you do not have a rack then just sit the chicken in the pan).
- 3Pat chicken dry using paper towels, then place skin-side down on the jelly-roll pan.
- 4Season the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- 5Turn skin-side up and season again.
- 6Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and carefully drain all fat from the pan.
- 8Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken turning the pieces over to coat with the sauce (place skin-side up again in pan).
- 9Return to oven UNCOVERED and bake for about 30 minutes more or until if cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Oven-Baked Barbecued Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.1
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 1208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 37.6 g